5 Best Face Balanced Putters to Consider in 2023
There is a lot of golf equipment today to help you improve your game and your overall score. Moreover, some equipment can help you with one of the most tedious tasks in golfing – putting.
Thankfully, there are various putters available today that can assist you with the task of putting. These putters are mainly available in two types such as – face-balanced putters and toe-head putters.
In this guide, I will specifically talk about face-balanced putters, so read on!
What Is a Face-Balanced Putter?
A face-balanced putter, in literal terms, stands for balancing a putter. It is a type of putter that faces upward when you balance the shaft on your finger correctly. Hence, the center of gravity falls right below the shaft’s axis.
What you need to do to check if a putter is face-balanced or not is as follows:
- Place your putter lengthwise, that is, the shaft is parallel to the ground, across your index finger.
- Move your finger along the shaft to find the balance point.
- Try to balance the putter across the index finger from that point.
- Now, check whether the clubhead is facing right up or towards the sky and is running parallel to the ground.
- If it does, then your putter is successfully face-balanced.
Benefits of Using Face-Balanced Putters
You can either go for face-balanced putters or toe-balanced putters. But, if you choose face-balanced putters, you may get certain benefits such as:
- In face-balanced putters, the shaft’s axis is aligned with the center of gravity. This certainly helps with a center-face hit without any twisting.
- The clubhead here is quite stable and helps in short putts.
- Face-balanced putters help players reduce more rotation in their strokes, such as closed going through or open going back, by improving the consistency.
Hence, a face-balanced putter can improve your putting game with these benefits.
Do You Need a Face-Balanced Putter?
Keep in mind that depending on your style, you can determine whether you need a face-balanced putter and if it is a good choice or not.
For instance, a face-balanced putter is an excellent choice if you have a straight-back-and-through putting stroke. It is because the clubhead in face-balanced putters has less opening and closing capabilities compared to toe-balanced putters. These putters also provide the stability that you need.
On the other hand, if you use a relatively strong or even a slightly strong putting arc, then avoid face-balanced putters. You require more opening and closing putter clubface during such troke.
5 Best Face-Balanced Putters in 2023
The efficiency of your face-balanced putter also largely depends on which putter you’re using. So, I have compiled a list of the best face-balanced putters in 2023 that can make your putting game stronger:
Odyssey O Works Marxman
The Odyssey O Works Marxman is the best face-balanced putters available today. It provides everything that you’d want from a smooth feel to consistency.
This face-balanced putter has a sleek appearance with a full black finish. Moreover, it has a new face insert, the Microhinge face insert, which makes the putter feel softer and definitely more consistent. It is a great upgrade from the White Hot face insert.
The alignment technology provided in this putter is unparalleled. This technology makes it so easy for the players to line up the club that you won’t even have to put in any extra effort!
Thus, the Odyssey O Works Marxman works the best if you want more stability and consistency in your putting strokes.
- Excellent appearance and feel
- Very soft and provides great consistency
- Extraordinary alignment
- Offers stability
- It may take some time to get used to the heavy putter head
Get this putter on Amazon here
TaylorMade Spider X
The TaylorMade Spider X is yet another outstanding face-balanced putter that is also used by many famous golf players like Rory McIlroy. So, if you don’t mind a putter that is a bit expensive, I recommend this one.
Here’s why: This putter offers a special X design that makes the putter more stable by engineering the weight across the putter face in the right amount. This also helps in establishing proper control.
Moreover, it is made up of a steel frame which is 30% heavier than normal. This helps in establishing more control. The advanced design and color scheme help with better alignment of the putts. Thus, leading to better accuracy as well.
The Spider X putter comes with weight port options such as 2g, 6g, and 12g. Hence, it allows customization for a better experience.
- Excellent stability and control
- Various weight port options available
- Great look and feel
- Advanced design
- Some chips in the white paint after initial use
- It may get complicated for beginners
Review this Putter on Amazon here
TaylorMade TP Patina Ardmore Putter 2 SB
If you’re looking for a unique face-balanced putter with an outstanding performance, then Ardmore is a great option.
First of all, it has a unique appearance due to the presence of a patina finish. Patina combines both copper and black nickel to give Ardmore a robust look.
Ardmore also has a somewhat low profile. So, you will find that the clubhead sits low to the ground. It has a blade design and can also align pretty well. The weight is perfect enough to give you the smoothest swings but at the same time, great control too. If you wish to bring your handicap down, then you ought to try out this putter!
The only drawback here is that it may oxidize and not last long due to the platina finish.
- Unique and great appearance
- Offers stability and control
- Affordable for the performance offered
- Balanced weight for the best swings
- Platina finish may oxidize after some time
See more on this putter on Amazon here
Pinemeadow Golf Men’s PGX Putter
All the models I have discussed above might be on the expensive end. But, if you are looking for an outstanding and affordable face-balanced putter, then PGX Putter won’t disappoint you.
Coming at a feasible price, this putter has all the important features that you require. It has an excellent design that offers proper alignment. Moreover, it consists of a plumber neck hosel known to provide better accuracy while putting the ball.
This putter has a firmness to it due to the presence of fiber and polyurethane layers present in it. You can expect a soft grip along with shock absorption features too.
Keep in mind that this putter is better for beginners and mid-level golf players. If you’re a professional, go for other options.
- Great accuracy and alignment
- Provides shock absorption
- Balanced weight for proper swings
- Comfortable handle and firm grip
- Not for professionals
- Paint may peel off after some uses
Learn about this putter on Amazon here
Orlimar Tangent T1 Putter
The Orlimar Tangent T1 putter is also one of the most affordable putters available for golf enthusiasts. It is also the most suitable one for high handicappers.
It comes with a polished silver look that adds to its overall appearance. However, that’s not it. This putter is known to have a high MOI due to its mallet design. It is also quite forgiving and leaves a soft feel after every use.
This putter offers advanced weighting near the perimeters of the head and also has two color sightlines that improve the alignment. Despite the price, you also get a free headcover with this face-balanced putter.
The only drawback here is that it may be too heavy at times. The silver paint may also chip off after a few uses.
But overall, if you require an affordable putter for your handicaps, I suggest this one.
- Great alignment
- Excellent design and appearance
- Comes with a free headcover
- Forgiving and offers a soft feel
- Feels a bit heavy
- Silver paint may chip off
Check out this putter on Amazon here
Face-balanced putters are the absolute best if you want to reduce your rotation as well as handicaps. Hopefully, you have read up this guide to find the best face-balanced putter as per your budget and requirements!
Golf Video Courses + Practice Plans
- Break 100 Complete Training Program
- Break 90 Complete Training Program
- Break 80 Complete Training Program
- The Complete Golf Swing Video Course
- The Complete Chipping Video Course
- The Complete Putting Video Course
- Annual Membership – Access All Video Courses
- Lifetime Membership – All Video Courses + Practice Plans
Golf Practice Plans Only
- Break 90 Practice Plan
- Break 80 Practice Plan
- Break 70 Practice Plan
- Short Game Practice Plan
- Indoor Golf Practice Plan
Or hop onto our email newsletter and get the free weekly golf tips we send out to our community plus updates and other announcements you don’t want to miss!