Best Golf Travel Bag to Protect Your Clubs in 2021
Are you heading out for a golf trip or vacation to the best courses around the world? The last thing you want is to get there and realize your expensive clubs and drivers are damaged.
A secure golf travel bag is vital to safely get your golf clubs from one point to another. It gives you peace of mind and protects your investment. The market is filled with golf travel bags, and choosing the best one for you can be difficult.
To ensure you choose the right one, here’s what you need to look out for and a review of the best golf travel bags available in 2021.
- How to Break 70 Golf Training Plan
- How to Break 80 Golf Training Plan
- How to Break 90 Golf Training Plan
Qualities of a Good Golf Travel Bag
Before you buy a golf travel bag, ensure it can protect your clubs when traveling. The first thing you need to be aware of is whether there is an internal strap in the bag. A strap helps avoid your clubs from getting knocked around during transit.
Golf clubs can get damaged easily by breaking or bending when they slide around. A solid back and thick padding interior in the bag can protect your clubs from travel damage. The top of the bag also needs to be adequately padded to protect your club heads from damage.
Material and Durability
The material used in making a golf travel bag affects its weight and durability. If you’re traveling by plane, you need to consider the weight of your bag when loaded with golf equipment. Check that it does not exceed your airlines’ weight policy to avoid extra costs.
Whether it’s a soft or hard case, you should look for a bag with high-quality material that is durable and easy to clean. As a golfer, you’re not purchasing a golf travel bag for one-time use. The handles also need to be of good quality to withstand your bag’s weight pressure.
Mobility and Storage
Wheels are a critical aspect to easily maneuver your bag. Complete spinning wheels are better than bi-directional wheels. They make it easier to move the bag around on any hard surface. You can’t go wrong with thick quality wheels at the bottom of your golf travel bag.
Pay attention to the location of the handles. You want convenient handles that make it easy to load and offload your bag. Also, gauge how many things you can store in your bag. Many come with pocket features in the interior and exterior for accessories like gloves or golf shoes.
Price and Warranty
You need a reasonable budget to get a quality golf travel bag. Remember, you get what you pay for, and going cheap can be expensive. Your clubs can end up damaged, or you may have to replace the bag after a few uses.
An excellent durable bag will cost you a pretty penny. Go for a bag with a warranty cover for material and workmanship defects. Some even offer a no-questions-asked replacement or repair guarantee for any travel damage regardless of cause.
Review of the Best Golf Travel Bags in 2021
#1: CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover Bag
The Constrictor 2 fulfills all your demands for a golf travel bag at a reasonable price. It’s a rigid soft-style bag, and you can tell it’s durable from the moment you see it. More than 1500 customers have given it a five-star rating on Amazon.
- One year full bag replacement warranty, including coverage for damage by airline travel.
- Internal and external adjustable straps to secure your clubs.
- In-line skate wheels to easily roll your bag.
- Can accommodate up to 10” cart bags.
- Weighs only 9 pounds.
- Heavy padding for clubhead protection.
- Large side pockets for your golf shoes and gear.
- Durable zippers on primary storage and pockets.
- Outer pockets can easily tear on travel.
At $90 only, no greater deal will give you such quality. The Constrictor is your best choice if you’re on a budget and don’t travel a lot.
#2: AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
The AmazonBasics golf travel bag is perfect if you’re looking for something lightweight, secure, and budget-friendly. It’s a nice entry bag for most golfers. It offers convenience when transporting your golf clubs while ensuring they’re protected.
- Made of durable nylon fabric with strategic reinforcements.
- Well placed riveted handles at the bottom, middle and top.
- In-line skate wheels for smooth rolling.
- Interior compression straps to secure your clubs.
- Heavily padded top to protect your club heads.
- Weighs only 8.65 pounds.
- Has multiple compartments to store your golf shoes and gear.
- Does not stand on its own.
At $57.99 only, the AmazonBasics offers you good value at an affordable price. You will get ample protection for your clubs and extra room as a bonus.
#3: Himal Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
The Himal golf travel bag gives you a versatile and multifunctional experience. It can stand up straight or lay flat and is resistant to wear and tear. It’s currently the second best-selling golf travel bag on amazon and is highly rated.
- Made of durable, heavy-duty polyester material.
- High-quality wheels for convenient mobility.
- Heavy padding for extreme protection.
- Interior adjustable strap to hold your clubs.
- Sturdy carrying handles and Velcro strap.
- Extra storage space for golf accessories.
- The wheel system is a bit small.
At $49.99, the Himal gives you the best value, especially if you’re traveling by car or train. The Velcro carrying handle comes in handy when you’re carrying, loading, or offloading.
#4: Founders Club Golf Travel Bag
The Founders Club bag is a hybrid model that offers you a hard shell top and a soft side polyester body. You get the best of both worlds with storage and ease of use combined with a durable reinforced top.
- An ABS Hard Shell top combined with an all-weather polyester body.
- In-line skate wheels for easy transport.
- 3 sets of padded handles for easy lifting.
- Sturdy foundation with a durable skid-resistant base.
- Internal strap to secure your clubs.
- Weighs 8 pounds only.
- Full one-year replacement warranty.
- Extra pockets for your golf accessories.
At $159 only, the Founders Club golf travel bag guarantees maximum protection for your club heads. The best part is that the body folds into the top so you can easily store it when not in use.
#5: Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Golf Travel Bag
The ClubGlider is a pleasure to travel with. It stands out with an extra set of extendable wheels that take almost all the weight off your bag. The quality is immediately apparent, and you can roll your bag with one finger!
- Dense foam padding throughout to protect your clubs when traveling.
- Superior maneuverability with pivoting caster wheels.
- 1200 Denier polyester material with vinyl reinforcement.
- Internal strap to secure your clubs.
- Easy loading and unloading without kneeling.
- Full-length, two-way heavy-duty zippers.
- Weighs 11.8 pounds only.
- Two exterior pockets.
- The extra wheels can be hard to extend and retract.
- You require some coordination as you have to pull them down and out to extend.
At $319, the ClubGlider is a premium golf travel bag that is worth every dollar. It will protect your clubs and serve you for a long time.
#6: SKB Cases ATA Deluxe Standard Hard Travel Golf Bag
With the SKB Deluxe, you won’t have to worry about the durability or the safety of your golf clubs. A military-grade exterior makes the bag difficult to puncture or bend. It’s lightweight and has TSA-approved locks for hustle-free airport travel.
- Made with polyethylene to prevent dust, dirt, or moisture from entering the case.
- It can fit carry bags, cart bags, and drivers up to 48 inches.
- The lock system is TSA approved for easy inspection.
- Industrial strength latches.
- Weighs 15.71 pounds.
- Lifetime warranty and a million-mile guarantee.
- Wheels and a curved handle for easy transportation.
- Limited storage
At $279, the SKB Deluxe is another premium golf travel bag that will serve you well in your travels. It’s very durable and will guarantee the safe arrival of your clubs no matter what.
#7: Club Glove Last Bag Pro Golf Travel Bag
No other golf travel bag is used by golf touring pros more than the Last Bag. You can trust it to protect your clubs just like the pros who travel weekly around the world.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Extra thick foam padding.
- High impact wheelbase shields and cradles the base of your bag.
- In-line skate wheels.
- Two-piece fully integrated handle for easy lifting
- Can carry golf clubs as long as 47 inches
- Burst proof construction
- Maximum durability with CORDURA fabric that is water-resistant and lasts longer than polyester.
- Weighs 10 pounds only
- Huge space plus two pockets for your golf shoes
At $349, the Last Bag is on the higher price spectrum. The price is worth it for the ultimate protection of your clubs and your peace of mind. It’s guaranteed to last you five times longer than any other golf travel bag.
Golf Practice Plans (Follow these Programs)
- Break 90 Practice Plan
- Break 80 Practice Plan
- Break 70 Practice Plan
- Short Game Practice Plan
- Indoor Golf Practice Plan
- All Access Lifetime Membership – All Video Courses + Practice Plans
Golf Video Courses
Don’t miss out on these amazing training programs. They’ll help lower your golf scores.
Or hop onto our email newsletter and get the free weekly golf tips we send out to our community plus updates and other announcements you don’t want to miss!