How to Chip a Golf Ball
Whether it’s spring, summer, fall, or winter, you can always take some time to review the fundamentals of golf and work on the basics to improve.
Today we take you back to the fundamentals of chipping. Check out the video lesson below by PGA Instructor Paul Wilson on how to chip a golf ball.
Chipping Lesson #1:
Chipping Lesson Recap:
- Chipping ratios to determine the proper golf club to use
- Chipping is all about the distance you fly the golf ball vs how far it rolls on the green
- Pace off yardages to set up this drill and determine your ratios of land vs roll
Additional Chipping & Short Game Drills
- 10 Best Golf Short Game Drills
- 6 Chipping Tips for Beginners
- 50 Best Golf Tips to Make Major Score Improvements
Want More Golf Chipping Tips and Drills
For more golf swing tips, short game tips, and golf drills be sure to sign up for our email community where we send you our best content to help your golf game. We hate spam just as much as you do so don’t worry. Get started by filling out the form below and receive our free gift when you join.
15 Free Practice Drills to Improve
Get our best content sent to your inbox each week with important golf tips, lessons, practice drills and more. Plus get 15 free drills PDF when you join!