Golf Chipping Practice – Landing Zone Drill
For this drill you’ll need a hand towel or wash rag.
First you need to find a spot in the rough alongside the practice green that you want to chip from. Then pace out the requested distances (found below) from the spot and place a folded towel on the green marking a target zone you want to land the ball.
To make this drill more challenging over time you can shrink the size of the folded towel to make the target smaller and covering less green.
Chip 10 balls at a time to increase focus and create quality reps.
The Golf Practice Drill(s):
1. 30 chips to 15ft target. Record how many land on the towel target out of 30.
2. 30 chips to a 30ft target. Record how many land on the towel target out of 30.
3. 30 chips to a 45ft target. Record how many land on the towel target out of 30.
4. 30 chips to a 60ft target. Record how many land on the towel target out of 30.
5. 30 chips to a 75ft target. Record how many land on the towel target out of 30.
Overall: Total how many times you successfully landed the ball on the towel out of 150 total reps. Good work today. Try to beat your score another day.
Golf Practice Routines to Score Lower
Here are several golf practice plans we offer with lots of worksheets and bonuses that come with your program. Click the links to learn more about each training plan.
- The 2 Hour Practice Routines with 10 Levels to Challenge You
- How to Break 70 Golf Training Plan
- How to Break 80 Golf Training Plan
- How to Break 90 Golf Training Plan
- The Bundle: Access to All 3 Training Plans
- 21 Day Indoor Golf Training Plan
- How to Coach High School Golf eBook
Or hop onto our email newsletter and get the free weekly golf tips we send out to our community plus updates and other announcements you don’t want to miss!